This easy to make and very delicious potato, leek and cauliflower soup, is good for helping you achieve overall internal health of the body.
Soup recipes aren’t just reserved for the cooler months, they are very beneficial for the body throughout the warmer months, especially if you spend long days in the air conditioner.
Leeks are known in Chinese medicine to regulate qi and circulation. They also expel cold from the body.
Potatoes are known for their ability to tonify qi and expel cold from the body.
Cauliflower nourishes the spleen, stomach and intestines. It has a neutral thermal nature.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3/4 head of cauliflower
- 3 potatoes
- 1 leek
- 3 gloves of garlic
- Water to cover
- Vege stock
- Salt and pepper for flavour
Here’s how to make this delicious soup:
- Dice the leek and mince garlic.
- Fry with oil for a few minutes.
- Add potatoes, leek, cauliflower, stock to taste and water.
- Simmer until all ingredients fall apart easily.
- Turn off the heat and blend ingredients with one big handful of parsley.
- Serve up and enjoy.